Rob Arnott is one of the most accomplished and respected quantitative analysts in the world. He has written over 100 academic papers on everything from tactical asset allocation to value investing. In this episode, Rob discusses his evolution as an investor, from tailoring his college major in the late-1970’s to best position him for a career in quantitative investing to the founding of his firm, Research Affiliates, in 2002. He also shares the details of the uniquely successful indexing strategy he developed over a decade ago to fix the major problems with the most popular form of passive investing and to improve on its long run performance. Below are several notes and links related to this episode:
- Learn more about Rob and Research Affiliates at researchaffiliates.com
- Learn more about Research Affiliates Fundamental Indexes at rafi.com
- Follow Research Affiliates on Twitter @RA_Insights
- Read Research Affiliates latest paper, Standing Alone Against the Crowd: Abandon Value? Now?!?
- Get Rob’s book The Fundamental Index: A Better Way To Invest at Amazon