This episode is long overdue. I’ve been following the work of Asif Suria for over a decade now and it has proven to be one the best sources of investment ideas I have come across. Asif tracks and writes about everything from predictive insider trading patterns to “ubercannibals,” or companies that consistently use excess free cash flow to buyback significant amounts of stock over long periods of time. Profit opportunities created by corporate actions such as risk arbitrage and spinoffs are also featured prominently in his work. Essentially, Asif is a classic value investor in search of a catalyst and, as he consistently demonstrates at his website InsideArbitrage.com, event-driven catalysts can be some of the most effective means to realizing hidden value in the stock market. So it is my true pleasure to finally introduce you to my friend, Asif Suria. Below are several notes and links related to this episode.
- Learn more about Asif and his work at: InsideArbitrage.com
- Subscribe to Asif’s free Event Driven Monitor newsletter at: InsideArbitrage.com/subscription/
- Follow Asif on Twitter: @AsifSuria
- Follow Inside Arbitrage on Twitter: @InsideArbitrage
- Get You Can Be A Stock Market Genius, by Joel Greenblatt at: Amazon.com