Variant Perception is an investment research firm founded on the idea that man plus machine beats machine (or man) alone. In an era dominated by passive investing and other purely quantitative strategies with relatively short look back periods on the one hand and rampant speculation in meme stocks and other moon shots on the other, nothing could be more contrarian and perhaps more valuable than taking a more thoughtful approach grounded in historical context and driven by tactical tools that have proven valuable through many market cycles. This is precisely the focus of Variant Perception and its CEO, Tian Yang. In this episode, Tian discusses the details of the firm’s unique investment analysis framework and, given the apparent paradigm shifts already underway, how it is especially valuable in assessing markets and the economy today.
- Learn more about Variant Perception at VariantPerception.com
- Follow Variant Perception on Twitter at @VrntPerception
- Read Capital Returns by Edward Chancellor
- Read Monetary Regimes and Inflation by Peter Bernholz
- Read Why Stock Markets Crash by Didier Sornette
- Read New Market Timing Techniques by Tom DeMark
- Read The Great Demographic Reversal by Goodhart and Pradhan