Eric Cinnamond has been called, “the godfather of small cap absolute return investing.” From 1998 to 2016 he ran an equity investment strategy that handily beat the 8% average annual return of the Russell 2000 Index. But what’s even more impressive is he did this while holding an average cash allocation of about 40% so his equity performance was roughly double that of the index. In this episode we discuss, in the words of Lincoln Electric CFO Vince Petrella, ‘the rapidly increasing inflationary environment’ and how it is currently affecting Corporate America, investors, the economy and monetary policy. Below are a few links related to our conversation:
- Eric blogs regularly at EricCinnamond.com where you can also sign up for his email newsletter.
- Fabricating Inflation Data, by Eric
- The Unifirst Jobs Report, by Eric
- Behind The Curve Illustrated, by Eric
- The New York Fed’s Underlying Inflation Gauge
- BIS: Can Demography Affect Inflation And Monetary Policy?
- The San Francisco Fed: Boomer Retirement: Headwinds For U.S. Equity Markets?
- Listen to our first conversation in which Eric discusses the origin and details of his investment strategy.